Head of Engineering
Hi there! We're in search of an experienced Software Engineering Manager to grow the Engineering team. Are you looking for an adventure?
In OrbitalAds, we are a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard focused on optimizing the performance of Google Ads search campaigns and accounts through the automation of keywords management. We do so through the development of in-house technology that we have packaged into a pretty cool product, backed by relevant investors and the European Innovation Council. We are proud to be named one of the Google Premier Partners.
You would be joining an agile, fast growing and dynamic company. Sounds good to you?
We are looking for a collaborative leader and a business-builder with a customer-first mindset, who thrives helping others achieve their best in a rapid growth environment.
As Head of Engineering, you will work closely with frontend and backend teams. Also you will interact with the Principal Engineer as well as with Product, Design and Data teams to deliver on our ambitious business plan. Your mission will be to coach and manage the technical teams, structure and scale these teams, help them make the best decisions and ensure the successful Product Development Roadmap execution.
This Is What You Will Do
- Management and organization of the engineering teams.
- Ensure the engineering team has the proper training and resources to accomplish their jobs and goals.
- Execution of the established Product Roadmap, apart from helping to shape it.
- Team structuring and scaling.
- Help to improve our software development processes.
- Ensure the quality of deliverables and processes.
- Keep our technical debt low ;)
Requirements: What skills do you need?
- Experience in managing and motivating people, with great communication skills.
- Experience applying best practices in technical teams (Agile methodologies, peer reviews, testing, sprints execution...).
- Someone proactive to propose solutions to technical problems.
- Resourceful, to be able to make informed and well judged decisions with limitations of knowledge in particular areas.
Nice to have:
- Experience developing microservices, distributed systems and ETL's.
- Google Cloud Platform experience is a plus.
- Technical knowledge about Online Marketing (Adwords API, Facebook Marketing API...) would be great. If you don't have it yet, at least you need to be interested in acquiring it.
Why you might NOT enjoy this position:
- You want a highly-structured, predictable day-to-day.
- You prefer to be managed; you act when asked and let others come up with ideas.
- Fast-paced environments make your head spin.
What You Will Get From Us:
- You’ll receive a competitive salary based on your proven experience and merits.
- You’ll work in a talented multicultural team and with “best-in-class” colleagues. We already have 12 different nationalities, so far!
- Flexible Schedule to organize your own time under the natural constraints of business.
- Employment Reference Program.
- Flexible compensation like transport, restaurant, and kindergarten tickets.
- Medical insurance once you pass the six month.