Lead Data Scientist
Hi there! We’re growing the Data team in our Madrid’s office, and you can be a part of that journey. Are you looking for an adventure?
Who are we? We’re OrbitalAds – a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to save time and money for all companies running digital advertisements with our cool product.
We are proud to be named one of the Google Premier Partners as well as flaunt a nice 300% growth YoY.
Our customers <3 our product! We hardly have any churn, which makes our story a compelling one. Recently we closed big deals like Repsol and Cetelem.
What’s so cool about all this? You are joining a Series A phase growth company – which means you’ll reap the glory of bringing us to the next stage and change the way the business world communicates. There is no complex hierarchy. We don’t do long approval processes. We just deliver. You will be joining a company with highly skilled, smart people that are all overachievers and want to be “the best”
As a Lead Data Scientist, you will:
- Work closely with our Engineering, Marketing and Product teams, as well as leading a growing team: mentoring junior members and adapting to different changes.
- Identify new business opportunities through deep data analysis and make our product more intelligent every day.
- Use data analysis to answer critical business questions and define goals, priorities, and requirements for the Data team.
- Experiment with machine learning approaches to solve complex business problems no one has ever attempted before.
- Use your NLP expertise to analyze various datasets, building new products and evolving existing models.
What skills do you need?
- +5 years of professional experience in a data scientist or analyst role; experience applied to business problems is a plus.
- MSc (or PhD) in a numerical field such as Mathematics, Engineering, Physics, Computer science or Statistics.
- Proven experience managing teams and projects.
- Skills to communicate complex ideas effectively – both verbally and in writing – in English.
- An analytical mindset: ability to deep dive into our datasets and generate insightful analyses that enable us to improve different elements of product and business operations.
- Understanding, developing and testing predictive algorithms by using state-of-the-art machine learning solutions, and statistical models. Familiar with time series analysis is a plus.
- Experience developing and implementing NLP algorithms in a commercial setting – ideally within the SEM sector.
- Skills to handle with large databases and to write advanced queries in SQL.
- Coding skills in Python with data analysis and machine learning libraries (numpy, pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, seaborn, plotly...).
What other skills do we value?
- You enjoy reading academic papers and implementing experimental systems.
- You have experience presenting at industry recognized ML conferences as well as being published in the field.
- Hands-on analytical experience on large volumes of data (Spark, etc.).
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform data products (BigQuery, BigTable, Datastore, etc.).
- Previous experience with Docker and Docker ecosystem (Kubernetes).
Why you might NOT enjoy this position:
- You want a highly-structured, predictable day-to-day.
- You prefer to be managed; you act when asked and let others come up with ideas.
- Fast-paced environments make your head spin.
What do we offer you:
- A competitive salary.
- A flexible and fun working environment of startups in the very center of Madrid.
- An opportunity to make a team grow from the start.
- An office where everyone breathes SaaS and looks for scalable solutions.