Hi there! We’re growing the Backend team in our Madrid’s office, and you can be a part of that journey. Are you looking for an adventure?
Who are we? We’re OrbitalAds – a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard to save money for all companies running digital advertisements with our cool product.
We are proud to be named one of the Google Premier Partners as well as flaunt a nice 300% growth YoY.
Our customers <3 our product! We hardly have any churn, which makes our story a compelling one. Recently we closed big deals like StubHub, Google, and Telefónica.
As a Backend Developer, you’ll work closely with our Product, Design, and Frontend Teams. Our mission, as a Backend Team, is growing our Interface and Web projects and improving it every day with clean code and good practices. We are looking for a person who is capable of solving problems and adapting to different changes, working as a team
What’s so cool about all this? You are joining a Series A phase growth company – which means you’ll reap the glory of bringing us to the next stage and change the way the business world communicates. There is no complex hierarchy. We don’t do long approval processes. We just deliver. You will be joining a company with highly skilled, smart people that are all overachievers and want to be “the best”
As a Backend Developer, you will:
- Develop and maintain microservices with Python
- Design architectural solutions inside the Google Cloud Platform, products to move and process large amounts of data.
- Develop automation scripts, making systems that make use of AI and NLP.
- Help to improve our Continuous Deployment processes
What skills do I need?
- Good knowledge in Python
- Good knowledge of web microframeworks that will help us solve daily problems and follow our product roadmap.
- Eagerness to work with the Google Cloud Platform ecosystem, not afraid of the command line or operating inside the infrastructure.
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform:
- Python Cloud Functions/ App Engine Flexible environment / Compute Engine / Kubernetes
- BigQuery, Datastore, BigTable
- Have worked with APIs (like Adwords API, FB Ads API) will be considered a plus.
- Someone proactive able to solve technical problems.
- To Have at least a basic understanding of Online Marketing. If not, you should at least have an interest in acquiring this knowledge.
- Experience with Docker, Docker Compose, (GraphQL will be considered a plus).
- An analytical mindset.
- Passion for new technologies.
- Have soft skills (teamwork, good communication, problem-solving).
- Fluent English.
Why you might NOT enjoy this position:
- You want a highly-structured, predictable day-to-day
- You prefer to be managed; you act when asked and let others come up with ideas
- Fast-paced environments make your head spin
What do we offer you:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible and fun working environment of startups in the very center of Madrid,
- An office where everyone breathes SaaS and looks for scalable solutions