Quality Assurance Engineer
Hi there! We’re growing the Backend team in our Madrid’s office, and you can be a part of that journey as our Quality Assurance Engineer. Are you looking for an adventure?
In OrbitalAds, we are a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard focused on optimizing the performance of Google Ads campaigns and accounts through the automation of keywords management. We do so through the development of in-house technology that we have packaged into a pretty cool product.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll work closely with our Product, Backend and Frontend Teams. Our mission, as part of a QA Team, is to validate that all aspects of the product and related components are delivered according to agreed quality level to production. We are looking for a person who is capable of solving problems and adapt to different changes, working as a team
You would be joining an agile, flexible and dynamic company. Sound good to you?
As QA, you will:
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Act as the key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
What skills do I need?
- An analytical mindset.
- Passion for new technologies.
- Have soft skills (teamwork, good communication, problem-solving).
- Fluent English.
Why you might NOT enjoy this position:
- You want a highly-structured, predictable day-to-day
- You prefer to be managed; you act when asked and let others come up with ideas
- Fast-paced environments make your head spin
- Our product works for Google Ads and we are very close to the whole Google Cloud Platform ecosystem.
- We are using Google Cloud Build to build our CI/CD pipelines.
- We have a SaaS implemented in TypeScript and React and using Firebase.
- Our API is built around microservices implemented in Cloud Functions and Cloud Run with Python.
- Our ETL are based on Kubernetes Jobs with Python.
- We are using several Google Databases: BigQuery, BigTable, Datastore and Firestore. We also are using Redis.
What do we give you:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible and fun working environment of startups in the very center of Madrid,
- An opportunity to make a team grow from the start.
- An office where everyone breathes SaaS and looks for scalable solutions.
- “Best-in-class” colleagues; you’ll work alongside smart people who are hungry to learn and willing to teach you
- You’ll have the opportunity to help to create & shape our product and get your hands dirty with proper business-building experience.
- Events with the team – regular parties, happy hours, dinners and nerdy hobbies and games
- Healthy Breakfast in the office to embrace your daily journey with the best energies
- Flexible compensation like transportation, restaurant tickets and more
- Fun secondary benefits that we would love to hear your opinion on
- Flexible Schedule to organize your own time under the natural constraints of your department and manager
- Medical insurance once you pass the six month
- English classes