Quality Assurance Engineer
Hi there! We’re growing the Backend team in our Madrid’s office, and you can be a part of that journey as our Quality Assurance Engineer. Are you looking for an adventure?
In OrbitalAds, we are a diverse team of passionate problem-solvers, working hard focused on optimizing the performance of Google Ads campaigns and accounts through the automation of keywords management. We do so through the development of in-house technology that we have packaged into a pretty cool product.
As a QA Engineer, you’ll work closely with our Product, Backend and Frontend Teams. Our mission, as part of the QA Team, is to validate that all aspects of the product and related components are delivered according to agreed quality level to production. We are looking for a person who is capable of solving problems and adapt to different changes, working as a team
You would be joining an agile, flexible and dynamic company. Sounds good to you?
As QA, you will:
- Establish and evolve formal QA processes, ensuring that the team is using industry-accepted best practices.
- Oversee all aspects of quality assurance including establishing metrics, applying industry best practices, and developing new tools and processes to ensure quality goals are met.
- Develop and execute test cases, scripts, plans and procedures (manual and automated).
- Act as the key point of contact for all QA aspects of releases, providing QA services and coordinating QA resources internally and externally.
What skills do I need?
- Strong exploratory testing skills.
- Experience with static analysis tools such as SonarQube.
- Experience in Cloud Services (GCP preferably).
- An analytical mindset.
- Passion for new technologies.
- Have soft skills (teamwork, good communication, problem-solving).
- Fluent English.
Why you might NOT enjoy this position:
- You want a highly-structured, predictable day-to-day
- You prefer to be managed; you act when asked and let others come up with ideas
- Fast-paced environments make your head spin
- Our product works for Google Ads and we are very close to the whole Google Cloud Platform ecosystem.
- We are using Google Cloud Build to build our CI/CD pipelines.
- We have a SaaS implemented in TypeScript and React and using Firebase.
- Our API is built around microservices implemented in Cloud Functions and Cloud Run with Python.
- Our ETLs are based on Kubernetes Jobs with Python.
- We are using several Google Databases: BigQuery, BigTable, Datastore and Firestore.
- We also are using Redis.
What do we give you:
- A competitive salary
- A flexible and fun working environment of startups in the very center of Madrid,
- An opportunity to make a team grow from the start.
- An office where everyone breathes SaaS and looks for scalable solutions.
- “Best-in-class” colleagues; you’ll work alongside smart people who are hungry to learn and willing to teach you
- You’ll have the opportunity to help to create & shape our product and get your hands dirty with proper business-building experience.
- Events with the team – regular parties, happy hours, dinners and nerdy hobbies and games
- Healthy Breakfast in the office to embrace your daily journey with the best energies
- Flexible compensation like transportation, restaurant tickets and more
- Fun secondary benefits that we would love to hear your opinion on
- Flexible Schedule to organize your own time under the natural constraints of your department and manager
- Medical insurance once you pass the initial six month period